Pursuant to the Local Government Act 1972 (various sections), notice is hereby given that the next meeting of Grendon Underwood Parish Council will be a
GENERAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
to be held REMOTELY at 19.30
THE NEXT MEETING IS ON >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TO JOIN THIS NEXT MEETING CLICK HERE
Please 'check in' about 5 minutes before the meeting and wait in the virtual 'waiting room' for your details to be verified. Anonymous attendance will not be supported & participation will be taken as your permission to show your identity during the meeting. The normal rules of speaker engagement will be observed. Thank you for your understanding
YET ANOTHER PRISON IN GRENDON UNDERWOOD! - CAMPAIGN STATUS
The Ministry Of Justice is proposing to request planning permission for a THIRD prison in Grendon Underwood.
- Further to OVERWHELMING OPPOSITION arising out of an initial Preliminary Fact Finding Meeting, held 10th December 2020, the Council held a second meeting on 19th January 2021. You can you can see it HERE.
- Buckinghamshire Council held a Cabinet Meeting to discuss the proposal on 25th January 2021. You can watch it HERE;
- You can see the formal Grendon Underwood Parish Council response HERE.
- You can see our MP's objection HERE.
- You can see our Buckinghamshire County Council councillors' objection HERE.
Further to the end of the MoJ consultation period on 5th February 2021, Grendon Underwood & Edgcott Parish Councils have formalised a Prison Working Group to develop an opposition strategy. Two open [virtual] meetings were held to keep residents informed and to outline this strategy.
These meetings were held on 15th & 16th February 2021.
- See the recording of the 15th meeting HERE access code 4^?P3QtC
- and the recording of the 16th meeting HERE.
Minutes of all meetings & presentations made at them are available on the Meetings page of this site.
As further information comes to hand, times & dates will be posted to this web site. giving as much notice as possible considering the time scales imposed by the Ministry of Justice.
We aim to offer direct access to the workings of your Council and what your Councillors does on behalf of all the residents of the Parish.
We hope to be as interactive as possible so do make your views and concerns known using email or the form on the Contact Us page